What's one thing you've grown to understand, appreciate, or value about poetry that you haven't in the past?
The first time Mr. Dubois told our class that our next unit was going to be poetry, my initial reaction was boredom. I have never enjoyed poetry, so for the first couple of days I had a negative attitude towards it. As the days went by I began to open my mind towards poetry and began to enjoy it a little more. I did not enjoy analyzing the poems because I am not very good at it. However, I like to read poems that relate to the author. I appreciate reading about poets and seeing how their poetry relates to their axperiences. I have begun to like to read the poems that tell a story and you do not have to think about it too much. I value reading poetry for relaxation and enjoyment.
I feel the same way. What I do to analyze poetry is I research the poets background (what you said) but I will also research other people's interpretation of the poem. Maybe for the next time you need to analyze a poem for school you could do what I do.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this, I really like to read poems that have a strong message that is clear to me. I do enjoy reading poems that make you think though. I like thinking about what the author could have meant by what they wrote. I agree that analyzing poems can take a long time and be boring. I like just being able to think about it in my own way. I think you did very well with this blog assignment.
ReplyDelete